Many thanks to all the parents who have donated to the PTSO! Here’s a few of the places where your money goes:
- Teacher grants for creative curriculum development,
- Printing of the Directory (an invaluable booklet of contact information for the administration, teachers and student community)
- Events (including teacher luncheons, One School/One Book, SouthFest, etc.)
- Principal’s Discretionary Fund (to make sure no student at South goes without the basics for education)
- Plus critical supplies that are not funded by the city
Recommended donation for membership is $52 per family and includes one copy of the Newton South Directory to be distributed at Back to School Night on Thursday, September 27. Additional copies can be purchased for $7 each. We are looking for 100% participation – no matter what the amount. Every family that contributes to the PTSO will receive a school directory at Back to School Night, regardless of dollar amount given. To pay in advance and speed up delivery, please pay online here.