NSHS will host a Freshman Parent Dialogue Night on Wednesday, October 10, 7-8:30PM in the Lecture Hall. As your teenager adjusts to NSHS, it is important to understand how to provide a safe environment for them. During this evening we will explore the pressures our students face in and out of school, and discuss strategies to promote safety. Meet NSHS staff who will be working with your children over the next four years.
Peer leaders will help parents understand the issues of transition from a student perspective. SOME FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- What is a parent network?
- What happens at house parties?
- How to monitor use of the internet?
- When do kids begin using alcohol and other drugs?
- How do students handle stress?
- What resources are there in and out of school to help address these issues?
We can help to answer these and other question only if you mark your calendar! Together we will have a winning team for all kids. Contact Rich Catrambone, Prevention / Intervention Counselor, 617-559-6577, with any questions.