SouthStage will present The House of Bernarda Alba November 1, 2, and 3 at 7:30PM in the Newton South Lab Theater. Tickets are on sale now. The House of Bernarda Alba (La Casa de Bernarda Alba), by Federico García Lorca and written in 1936 just before the author’s death during the Spanish Civil War, focuses on an iron-fisted matriarch as she and her five daughters mourn the loss of her husband. The daughters struggle to follow their passions, while Bernarda attempts to maintain the tradition and reputation of the family. It’s directed by Boston-area actor/director Becky Webber, recently seen in Photograph 51 at Central Square Theatre.
Search This Site
Donate to the PTSO
Support PTSO programs and events. Annual Fundraiser $70 per family. Please click here to donate by credit card or check.
PTSO School Directory
Please click here to provide new or updated family contact information for the Newton South Directory.
Sign Up for Newsletters
Click here to receive PTSO emails -- one or two per week, with key information from the Principal, PTSO, and NPS.
PTSO Newsletter Policy
Shop Amazon Smile
Click here to shop at Amazon. A portion of all your purchases from your smile.amazon account can be designated to support the Newton South High School PTSO. Thank you!
Translate This Site
Follow Us on Twitter
Junior Post-Secondary Planning Night -- 6:30 pm (details)
Junior Parent Night -- 6:30 pm
February ACT Late Registration Deadline
Quarter 2 Grades Due
- Anti-Racism Events
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Freshman Parent Meet & Greet Q&A
- Freshman Parent’s FAQ
- June 6 Senior Celebration Tickets
- Later High School Start Time in the Media
- Newton South PTSO Newsletter Posting Policy
- NSHS Athletics
- Pies for Thanksgiving
- PTSO Community Forums
- PTSO Grant Application
- PTSO Volunteer Needs
- Resources: Adolescent Sleep and Later High School Start Time
- School Council Agendas and Minutes
- School Info
- Sponsor a Plant for the Courtyard at Newton South
- Thank You Notes for Staff
- Why So Early? Rethinking the High School Start Time: 3rd Community Forum on April 6th
- Your PTSO
Announcements by Type
Archive of Older Posts