There are many ways for parents to get involved at Newton South. Your support of the PTSO is essential to so many programs and activities. Click here to see some of what the PTSO does for South. We are looking for volunteers to fill particular board positions and to help us during the year:
- Grade-level coffees: We need a person to help identify hosts and schedule the coffees. We also need hosts, especially for the sophomore and senior classes.
- Staff Appreciation: Purchase and deliver gift cards for administrators, nurses and custodians three times a year.
- SouthFest: This event takes place in June, but planning occurs throughout the year. We need help with design, decorating, communications, obtaining entertainment, etc.
- Nominating Committee: Identify and recruit candidates for PTSO positions.
- International Families: We need speakers of Mandarin, Cantonese, Hebrew, Spanish, Russian and Korean to assist international families as they transition to life in the US.
- PTSO Secretary: Schedule meetings twice a year, take minutes, write thank you notes, electronically archive our documentation.
- Student Representative – Volunteer would attend PTSO meetings and report student body’s concerns and questions.
Please contact us if you are interested or for more information. We’d love to work with you!