The PTSO is very excited to announce that we will be offering an on-line PTSO Student Directory this year! Both the printed and password protected online versions are included in the benefits you receive when paying your PTSO dues. The PTSO Student Directory is a great resource for both parents/guardians and students. The printed version will be distributed at Back-to-School night on October 2, 2013.
We ask each family to make a suggested donation of $60 to fund the operations of the PTSO. These donations are the only source of funding for the PTSO, and 100% of the funds are used for student and teacher-related activities. If the suggested donation is a financial hardship, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any such conversation will be kept in strict confidence. No one will be denied a directory due to financial constraints.
We have taken special measures to make sure that the online version is password-protected and accessible ONLY to current parent/guardians and Newton South staff. This information is not available for downloading in bulk, as it is not intended for any commercial use. It is solely for communication among parents, students and staff.
We need you to confirm your family’s data by September 15. A confirmation email will be sent immediately after this email and will have a link for you to click on to view the current information the PTSO has for you. Please confirm or correct your information as soon as possible. Any changes after September 15 will not be reflected in the printed directory. As always, we respect each family’s right NOT to have their information published. If you contact us before September 15, you can completely opt out of either the on-line or printed directory, or both.
If you do not receive a confirmation email from email@example.com with the subject “Newton South PTSO Directory Confirmation”, check your spam/junk folder or any other email accounts used by your family for the PTSO; if the message is not there, email the Directory Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can figure it out. Please note the following:
- The information you submit for the PTSO directory is separate from the emergency information you submit to Newton Public Schools using the ParentConnect system.
- No contact information you submit for the PTSO directory is ever shared with outside entities.
- My School Anywhere is the name of the company that produces the PTSO directory. The information is secure and password protected.
- Please pay attention to the section in the confirmation about what information to publish both in print and online.
- After you confirm your information, you have the ability to pay for membership from within the directory website.
The annual creation and publishing of the PTSO Student Directory is a volunteer effort by dedicated parents like you, working hard to coordinate the information of 1400+ families. Your quick and accurate response is a tremendous help.
Thank you for making this a smooth process!