Many thanks to all the parents who have donated to the PTSO! Here are some examples of what your money funds:
- $20,000 each year goes to teacher grants for creative curriculum development
- Printing of the Student Directory for 1500+ families (an invaluable booklet of contact information for the administration, teachers and student community)
- Events (including teacher luncheons, One School/One Book, etc.)
- Principal’s Discretionary Fund (to make sure no student at South goes without the basics for education)
- Plus critical supplies that are not funded by the city
Recommended donation is $60 per family and includes one paper copy of the Newton South Student Directory, to be distributed at Back to School Night on Thursday, October 2. Additional copies can be purchased for $10 each. We are looking for 100% participation, no matter the amount of the donation. Not all NSHS families are able to pay the suggested amount, so please be as generous as you can when making your contribution to we can meet these needs.
Every family that contributes to the PTSO will receive a school directory at Back to School Night. The easiest way to contribute to the PTSO is to use the directory confirmation system. After you Confirm and Save your directory data, the system will give you the ability to donate. If you’ve already left the system, click the link in your confirmation email again. Skip to the last step, initial, and then click Confirm and Save. You will be brought to the donation section.
In addition to supporting the school, the PTSO is here to support parents. If you experience an issue, please know that in addition to calling the school or emailing your guidance counselor, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do all we can to help.
More importantly, donations of your time and energy are priceless. We have numerous volunteer opportunities ranging from the finite to the infinitely creative. Please email us today and let us know what your interest is and what fits your schedule.
–PTSO Co-Presidents: Betsy Blagdon & Emily Prenner