If you feel your student would benefit from additional support, here are some options to try:
1) Newton South has specialized Math, Science and Writing Centers, staffed by teachers and student teaching assistants, who can help students out during the school day. Students may attend during a free block (freshmen can ask for a pass from their Directed Study teacher). Please click the following links for the schedule you need: Math, Science or Writing. (Please have your student check with their English teacher for updates to the Writing Center schedule).
2) Students can seek help from particular teachers during J Block. If your student has trouble meeting getting to a teacher during J Block, encourage them to email or ask the teacher for another time to meet.
3) Homework Club on Mondays and Thursdays in classrooms on the second floor of Goldrick from 3:30-5PM. It is staffed with teachers in the following subject areas: English, History, Math, Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Spanish. Students receive adult supervision and help with their homework, and then are escorted to the late bus.
If you have any questions, please ask your student’s Guidance Counselor. For a list of counselors and their email addresses, please click here.
Search This Site
Donate to the PTSO
Support PTSO programs and events. Annual Fundraiser $70 per family. Please click here to donate by credit card or check.
Picnic Table Fundraiser
Each class is encouraged to raise money to purchase a picnic table for the courtyard. Classes that reach the $1800 goal will have a plaque dedicated to their class installed on the picnic table. The PTSO would love to be able to purchase 8 picnic tables. This gift will last for many years! Thank you for your consideration. Click here to donate
PTSO School Directory
Please click here to access the Newton South Directory.
Shop Amazon Smile
Click here to shop at Amazon. A portion of all your purchases from your smile.amazon account can be designated to support the Newton South High School PTSO. Thank you!
Translate This Site
Follow Us on Twitter
Newsies (South Stage) AUD -- 7:30 pm
June SAT Late Registration Deadline
Class of 1965 Scholarship Presentation -- 4:00 pm
Pops -- 5:30 pm
- Anti-Racism Events
- Boosters Website
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Freshman Parent Meet & Greet Q&A
- Freshman Parent’s FAQ
- June 6 Senior Celebration Tickets
- Later High School Start Time in the Media
- Newton South PTSO Newsletter Posting Policy
- Newton South Weekly Newsletter
- NSHS Athletics
- Pies for Thanksgiving
- PTSO Community Forums
- PTSO Grant Application
- PTSO Volunteer Needs
- Resources: Adolescent Sleep and Later High School Start Time
- School Council Agendas and Minutes
- School Council Notes 1/4
- School Council Notes 12/7
- School Info
- South Stage
- Sponsor a Plant for the Courtyard at Newton South
- Thank You Notes for Staff
- Why So Early? Rethinking the High School Start Time: 3rd Community Forum on April 6th
- Your PTSO
Announcements by Type
Archive of Older Posts