Last month, I shared that we will be introducing a new learning community at South – the DaVinci program – which will be a STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art, and math) interdisciplinary learning experience. We will start with a group of sophomores this fall, and add additional cohort each year. We will announce additional details during our registration process in a few months, but for now I wanted to ask for your support of the PTSO’s fundraising initiative as we build resources for this and other programs at South.
From the PTSO:
The Newton South PTSO is excited to support the DaVinci program by focusing it’s Success@South fundraising initiative on equipping a new STEAM Learning Lab. The STEAM Learning Lab will not only support DaVinci, but other programs at South as well. The funds raised through this Success@South campaign will be used in conjunction with other funding sources to make the Learning Lab an integral part of Newton South’s programming for years to come.
The PTSO additions to the Learning Lab will expand the functionality of the lab to benefit multiple areas of study. Potential purchases include:
- 3-D Printer and modeling software for visualization and realization of student designs and mathematical concepts
- Interactive smart glass projection board allowing real-time collaboration among students
- DNA Fingerprinting kit to launch studies in forensic science
- Biodiesel processing equipment to enhance students’ understanding of green technologies
- Drafting tables for student conceptualization, design, and illustration of ideas
You should have already received a Success@South brochure in your mailbox. All money donated to Success@South is fully tax-deductible. Please click here to donate. If you have any questions, please click here to see the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs), or email Betsy Blagdon and Emily Prenner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
THANK YOU for supporting creative approaches to learning here at South!!
I hope that you and yours have a happy and healthy holiday season.