Students from around the world are choosing to attend Newton South High School for one year as part of an exciting program for visiting students. Students attend Newton South High School full time and live with a local family. To make this program a success, we need host families who can provide a supportive home environment in the Newton South district.
In return, host families receive:
1. A monthly stipend to defray the cost of living expenses ~ (each family can host up to two international students and they can share a bedroom).
• $700.00 per month for hosting one student
• $1,400.00 per month for hosting two students
2. An orientation program for the international students and host families
3. Host family and student support, available twenty-four hours a day
If you are interested in providing a culturally enriching experience for your family, please contact Jodi.firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 617-543-8626.
Get a glimpse of the host family experience by watching this short video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbutpGG1n2U
Search This Site
Donate to the PTSO
Support PTSO programs and events. Annual Fundraiser $50 per family. Please click here to donate by credit card or check.
PTSO School Directory
Please click here to provide new or updated family contact information for the Newton South Directory.
Sign Up for Newsletters
Click here to receive PTSO emails -- one or two per week, with key information from the Principal, PTSO, and NPS.
PTSO Newsletter Policy
Submit your announcement in our newsletter? Click here for more information.
Shop Amazon Smile
Click here to shop at Amazon. A portion of all your purchases from your smile.amazon account can be designated to support the Newton South High School PTSO. Thank you!
Translate This Site
Follow Us on Twitter
- 2020-21 PTSO Forums
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Later High School Start Time in the Media
- Newton South PTSO Newsletter Posting Policy
- PTSO Grant Application
- PTSO Volunteer Needs
- Resources: Adolescent Sleep and Later High School Start Time
- School Council Agendas and Minutes
- School Info
- Why So Early? Rethinking the High School Start Time: 3rd Community Forum on April 6th
- Your PTSO
Announcements by Type
Archive of Older Posts