- Volleyball will play Latin Academy in a first-round match this afternoon, November 6 at 4PM.
- Football will travel to Billerica for a semi-final game at 7PM on Friday, November 6. They earned the matchup by beating Haverhill, 32-27, last Saturday, at South’s first-ever home playoff game.
- The Cross Country teams will compete at the MSTCA Coaches Invitational on Saturday, November 7 in Wrentham. They racked up impressive results at the DCL Championship meet last Friday at Franklin Park.
- The Girls Varsity Cross Country team placed second behind Lincoln-Sudbury, with South’s runners placing in the top ten : Junior Claire Martin, second; Senior Captain Rebecca Grusby, third; Sophomore Caroline Barry, ninth.
- The Boys Varsity Cross Country team finished sixth, with Junior Gal Fudim placing sixth. The team also had great performances by four Freshman placing in the top ten, led by third-place finisher, Shaw Miller.
- Following their 3-0 win over North Quincy under the lights at home last night, the Girls Soccer team will play the winner of Whitman-Hanson and Silver Lake on Sunday, November 8.
Search This Site
Donate to the PTSO
Support PTSO programs and events. Annual Fundraiser $50 per family. Please click here to donate by credit card or check.
PTSO School Directory
Please click here to provide new or updated family contact information for the Newton South Directory.
Sign Up for Newsletters
Click here to receive PTSO emails -- one or two per week, with key information from the Principal, PTSO, and NPS.
PTSO Newsletter Policy
Submit your announcement in our newsletter? Click here for more information.
Shop Amazon Smile
Click here to shop at Amazon. A portion of all your purchases from your smile.amazon account can be designated to support the Newton South High School PTSO. Thank you!
Translate This Site
Follow Us on Twitter
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Later High School Start Time in the Media
- Newton South PTSO Newsletter Posting Policy
- PTSO Community Forums
- PTSO Grant Application
- PTSO Volunteer Needs
- Resources: Adolescent Sleep and Later High School Start Time
- School Council Agendas and Minutes
- School Info
- Why So Early? Rethinking the High School Start Time: 3rd Community Forum on April 6th
- Your PTSO
Announcements by Type
Archive of Older Posts