Post season is about to start! Girls and Boys Basketball and Girls and Boys Ice Hockey seeding will come out this weekend. Check our Athletics Calendar and Twitter feed for locations and times. Here are some highlights from a terrific season:
- Good luck to the Track athletes that will be competing at the New England Championship on Sunday morning at Reggie Lewis track.
- Congratulations to Sam Arber and Will Rhatigan — Boston Globe All-Scholastic selections.
- Kalena Wang and Julie Schoen finished 4th and 5th at the North Gymnastics Sectional, and the team finished 5th over all. Congratulations to the team for a great year!
- Newton South Diver Jordi Boulerice scored 466.45 points, a new school record for 11 dives, and he placed 8th overall at the State competition in a field of tough competitors. Way to go, Jordi!
- Three of our wrestlers represented South at the Division 1 State tournament. Gabe Betancourt placed 6th in his weight class and qualified for All-States, Zach Doherty finished 8th with a total career record of 53 wins, and Malik Elmore-Coke finished his second year as a wrestler with 17 personal wins. Congratulations!
- With a win over Acton-Boxboro, the Girls Basketball team clinched the DCL title. Emily Chang scored her 300th 3-pointer during the game. The team finished the regular season with a 19-1 record!