The following message is from Mrs. Stonehill, who is in charge of caps and gowns for graduation:
It’s time for Seniors to order their cap and gown for graduation. If you have not already ordered a cap and gown, click here and download the order form. Please fill out the form, and bring the form and payment to the Student Center during F Block this Wednesday, March 30. If a student is unable to come during this time, please email Julie Stonehill as soon as possible.
You will be required to pay the graduation fee when the order is placed. This covers the cost of the cap and gown. The fee is $45. Payment may be cash or a check made out to Newton South High School with “graduation 2016” written in the memo space. You may NOT put a check/cash in Mrs. Stonehill’s mailbox. Mailbox orders will not be processed and there is a risk of being charged a $25 late fee.
Other important things to remember:
- You MUST have a cap and gown to walk in graduation.
- You must have your order in by April 1
- If you do not have your order in by April 1, you will be charged a $25 late fee.
- If you have cap and gown from a sibling or friend who graduated from South, you may use it, however you will still need to order a tassel ($15.00) You may also order a cap and tassel ($25)
- No orders will be placed without payment.
- Financial support is available on a need basis. Please notify your guidance counselor, your house dean, or Mrs. Stonehill if you need financial assistance.
If you do not need a cap and gown for any reason, you must contact Mrs. Stonehill. Anyone who has not contacted Mrs. Stonehill by April 1 will have a cap and gown ordered for him/her and will be obligated to pay for that cap and gown, plus a late charge of $25.