Please be advised that there has been a slight modification to the schedule for the final exam period of June 17 – 23 which can be found here. The changes to note are that Arena Day has been moved to Wednesday, June 22nd, and the bus departure time from school for this Friday, June 17th has moved to 10:30am.
Arena Day Information:
Rising seniors will be receiving the list of classes that they have been scheduled into early next week via Skyward’s Student Access or through their house office in preparation for our June Arena Scheduling day.
Guidance counselors and department heads will be available in the Student Center on Wednesday, June 22nd from 10:30AM to 11:30AM to resolve scheduling issues prior to the summer for RISING SENIORS – the Class of 2017 – ONLY. Please note that students requesting schedule changes during Arena Day may need to arrange their own transportation from school as buses leave at 10:30AM that day. Students (or parents) with any of the following issues can seek to resolve them at this time:
- Missing an English, History, Science, Mathematics or World Language class
- Missing a class to continue pursuit of a strong interest (e.g., if a student has been in orchestra for the past 2 years, and was not scheduled into orchestra this year but requested it)
- Your registered course level is not the same as your teacher recommended course level (e.g. Honors instead of ACP)
- Scheduled for the wrong class (excluding cases where a student was given an alternative course rather than his/her first choice)
- Not scheduled for a full-time student load (i.e., fewer than 24 blocks for grade 10; fewer than 22 blocks for grades 11, 12 – must have House Dean approval)
Students/parents must first see their guidance counselor to get approval for any changes, and then from the appropriate department heads.
Rising juniors, sophomores and freshmen will receive their list of classes during the summer and will have the opportunity to make changes during the August Arena Scheduling Day on Tuesday, August 30th.