Come to the High School Start Time Community Forum to hear more information about this initiative and share your thoughts on Wednesday, October 19, at 7PM at Angier School (1697 Beacon Street).
- Read the summary of the 6 possible scenarios here.
- All scenarios would provide for a later start time at Newton South and North (20-80 minutes later, depending on scenario).
- 3 of the scenarios (A, B and C+A) would also change the start time at Brown.
- 2 of the scenarios (A and C+A) would also change the start time at Oak Hill.
- 3 of the scenarios (A, C and C+A) would also change the Elementary start times.
- Read Superintendent Fleishman’s letter recapping the process to date and announcing the Community Forum.
These are scenarios only. The School Committee has not yet taken a vote. Now is the time in the process — after doing research and surveying — that the School Committee and the Superintendent want to share more detailed information about each scenario and hear feedback from community members.
If you can’t attend the forum, give the HSST Working Group your feedback on the scenarios at firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information, visit www.newton.k12.ma.us/page/2553