A listing of classes that each student has been registered for is available on Skyward’s Parent or Student Access. Freshman parents also received a hard copy of the schedule in the mail. Guidance counselors and department heads will be available in the Student Center on Tuesday, August 29th from 9AM to 11:30AM to resolve scheduling issues prior to the start of school. Students (or parents) with any of the following issues can seek to resolve them at this time:
- Missing an English, History, Science, Mathematics or World Language class
- Missing a class to continue pursuit of a strong interest (e.g., if a student has been in orchestra for the past 2 years, and was not scheduled into orchestra this year but requested it)
- Scheduled for the incorrect level of a course (e.g. Honors instead of Curriculum I)
- Scheduled for the wrong class (excluding cases where a student was given an alternative course rather than his/her first choice)
- Not scheduled for a full-time student load (i.e., fewer than 24 blocks for grades 9, 10; fewer than 22 blocks for grades 11, 12 – must have House Dean approval)
Students/parents must first see their guidance counselor to get approval for any changes from the appropriate department heads.
There will be a second Arena Day on the afternoon of Wednesday, September 6th.
If you are no longer planning on attending Newton South High School this fall, please contact the school registrar at 617-559-6511 to facilitate the transfer of your school records.
Students will receive their new schedule in Advisory on the first day of school.