Your teenager may no longer need your help dressing up as a super-hero, but it’s important to continue to be involved in your teen’s Halloween plans. Here are a few important safety tips and ideas:
- Find out where your teen is going, who s/he will be with, and agree on a time for him/her to be home
- Make sure adults will be present at parties your teen will attend
- Explain how Halloween pranks can be vandalism and result in serious consequences
- Remind your teen you don’t want him/her to use alcohol, drugs and tobacco
- Offer to drive your teen to where he/she wants to go for the night
- For teen drivers, remind them to watch carefully for young trick-or-treaters, drive slowly, and not to text or use their cell phone while driving.