- The Holiday Classic for both Girls and Boys Basketball was well-attended and supported by fans from all over town. We hosted the Boys tournament, with Catholic-Memorial, Lexington, and Newton North joining our team during two nights of great basketball. Our Girls team competed at North and swept the tournament after two days of strong competition.
- Boys Ice Hockey is developing as a contender in the DCL/MVC league. They defeated Haverhill 3-2 just before the storm hit. The next game will be against Weston on Saturday, January 6, at Rivers.
- Wrestling defeated Acton-Boxborough and Weston/Waltham this week in one of the team’s strongest starts to date. They will host a tri match on Saturday morning (January 6).
- Our Alpine and Nordic teams are enjoying the weather–great snow for our athletes at their opening races!
- Track and Field teams are having a powerful start in the DCL. We look forward seeing our athletes competing at South next Thursday (January 11), when South will host one of the league’s JV meets.
- The Boys and Girls Gymnastics competitions were postponed this week; please check the calendar for new dates.
- Our Swim team has had two meets canceled due to weather, although the Boys team competed against Boston Latin on Wednesday night (January 3), defeating the Wolfpack with authority.
- Our Girls Ice Hockey players joined Brookline and competed in the Bay State league during winter break, traveling to Martha’s Vineyard and defeating them 1-0 with a few minutes left in the game.
Search This Site
Make Your PTSO DonationRequested donation: $60 per family. Please click here to donate by credit card or check. Your membership includes a printed directory and access to the online directory.
Directory Update FormPlease click here to send in new or updated family information for the Newton South Directory.
Sign Up for PTSO Emails
Click here to receive PTSO emails -- one or two per week, with key information from the Principal, PTSO, and NPS.
Newsletter PolicyInterested in posting an ad in our newsletter? Click here for more information.
Translate This Site
Amazon SmileClick here to shop at Amazon, and Amazon will donate to the PTSO.
Follow Us on Twitter
Nothing from Sun, Jul 22 to Wed, Aug 22.
- Donate to Success@South
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Later High School Start Time in the Media
- Newton South PTSO Newsletter Posting Policy
- PTSO Grant Application
- Resources: Adolescent Sleep and Later High School Start Time
- School Council Agendas and Minutes
- School Info
- Success@South FAQ
- Why So Early? Rethinking the High School Start Time: 3rd Community Forum on April 6th
- Your PTSO
Announcements by Type
Archive of Older Posts