Has your child taken ceramics, or mixed media, or photography at South? How about fashion design, computer animation, glass techniques, or ukulele? Perhaps your child is involved in one of the many fabulous instrumental or vocal programs at South. All of these wonderful opportunities are part of our fine and performing arts program which is the beneficiary of this year’s Success@South campaign. Here are some things you might not know about arts programming at South:
- The per pupil allocation for arts education is only $7 per year
- Our ceramics wheels have logged many miles and are not operating properly
- We have 4 digital cameras for two classes with a combined 36 students, and 2 video cameras for a class of 18 students
- We don’t have an appropriate speaker in the band room, or secure storage area for many of our instruments
- We lack up to date, functional display cases and boards to showcase the beautiful artwork created by South students
We are in the final weeks of our fundraising for Success@South and we are still a long way from our goal. Please help us to finish strong by donating today. There is more information available on the PTSO website about the campaign including a great video where you can hear students talk about the importance of arts education to their high school experience. Thank you for your support!