Here are Girls Track highlights from Steve McChesney, head coach of Girls Track. (SB = season best; PR = personal best all time)
Freshman/Sophomore Meet at Franklin
- Shot Put, 3rd: Danya Goldstein (31’8.5)
- Discus, 1st: Danya Goldstein (100’4). Danya has not loss in a dual meet in either event this season.
- 4 x 400, 1st: Sofia Arbodeda, Nicole Woo, Kaity Shaughnessy, Lily Bulczynski (4:16.62, PR)
- 800, 8th: Sofia Arbodeda (2:28.44, PR). Undefeated in dual meets in the 400, 800, and 4 x 400.
- Triple Jump, 8th: Daneila Sandler (31’10.25″, PR), Anna Pericot (27’11.5″)
- 4 x 100: Viveca Winston-Khan, Katerina Boschetti, Anna P., Amelicha (54.36, PR). Good hand-offs all the way around.
- 200: Kaity Shaughnessy (28.83, PR), Nicole Woo (29.44)
- 100: Viveca Winston-Khan (14.13, SB)
- 100 Hurdles: Amelicha Trinida-Gonzalez was one pace through 9 hurdles to PR by a second. She was leading her heat by a full hurdle. She caught the last hurdle and went down. She was OK and got up with a great attitude. She was excited by how well she was doing and knows that she is on target for a huge race.
- Mile, 1st: Lucy Jenks (4:56.94, meet record, SB); Alisha Stadnicki (5:44.53, 6-second PR)
- Javelin, 6th: Phoebe Blumberg (104’8″)
- 800: Addie Marple (2:22.23, PR), Anka Fiore (2:31.56, SB)