To all 2019 Freshman and New Students interested in NSHS 2019 Symphonic Band and Jazz Groups, please join Ms. Linde and Mr. Harlow for Orientation on:
Tuesday August 27, 2019
9:00 AM to NOON
Room 9115, Band Room
This meeting is for all New Student Orientation to the Instrumental Music Program (all Symphonic Band, Jazz Ensemble, Lab Jazz and Jazz Improv students). Students who need to stop at Arena Day can do so at any time throughout the morning.
Students should bring their instruments (amps, drums and piano will be provided)
In this orientation day you will:
- Meet upperclassmen
- Review the NSHS rhythm reading method
- Review transposition for all instruments (and go home with a cheat sheet!)
- Review Major Scales
- Jazz Students will work on Major Scales and Modes (Dorian, Mixolydian)
- Get a tour of the band room and all music rooms
- Learn about our instrument storage area
- Have opportunity for sectionals with upperclassmen who play your instrument
- Rehearse as a group
And finally you will have a chance to ask any questions you might have about band, music, or high school in general.
If you are unable to attend, no need to worry, these items will be reviewed in the first few days of school. This orientation is a chance to get into the music area and get familiar with the teachers, students and space before school begins.