The Newton South PTSO is a Parent Teacher Student Organization supporting Newton South High School in Newton, Massachusetts. All parents/guardians, students and faculty connected with Newton South High School are considered ‘members’. We welcome everyone’s participation at whatever level is comfortable. You can make your annual donation here and review volunteer opportunities here.
The PTSO keeps the community up-to-date with what is going on in the school and in the community. If you are not already receiving emails from the school, including the PTSO, the Principal’s communications, guidance updates and more, please sign up for the PTSO email list via the form on the right.
If you are new to the school: Welcome, and please use this form to send us your family information for the Newton South Directory. Please get involved! Feel free to contact us at any time. Newsletter submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have more than a dozen volunteer committees to support the school and serve the entire South community. We welcome all our new members’ participation at whatever level is comfortable. We distribute PTSO contributions to student and teacher-related activities, such as:
- Grants dispersed to teachers, students and clubs;
- Two large projection systems for the student center and field house;
- Over 60 Student Clubs and Organizations;
- Events planned for the Freshman, Sophomore, Junior and Senior classes;
- Principal Discretionary Fund;
- Teacher and Staff Appreciation Breakfasts and other Events;
- Parent Communications;
- Grade level “what to expect” coffees;
- Maintaining a website and email server