Search This Site
Make Your PTSO Donation
Requested donation: $70 per family. Please click here to donate by credit card or check. Your membership includes a printed directory and access to the online directory.
Directory Update FormPlease click here to send in new or updated family information for the Newton South Directory.
Sign Up for PTSO Emails
Click here to receive PTSO emails -- one or two per week, with key information from the Principal, PTSO, and NPS.
Newsletter PolicyInterested in posting an ad in our newsletter? Click here for more information.
Translate This Site
Amazon SmileClick here to shop at Amazon, and Amazon will donate to the PTSO.
Follow Us on Twitter
NSHS - Midterm IV
- Donate to Success@South
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Later High School Start Time in the Media
- Newton South PTSO Newsletter Posting Policy
- PTSO Grant Application
- PTSO Volunteer Needs
- Resources: Adolescent Sleep and Later High School Start Time
- School Council Agendas and Minutes
- School Info
- Success@South FAQ
- Why So Early? Rethinking the High School Start Time: 3rd Community Forum on April 6th
- Your PTSO
Announcements by Type
Archive of Older Posts
Author Archives: PTSO-ac
- Spring clean-up day at Newton South – Sunday, April 28, from 9:30AM to 12 Noon
- 2020 UNESCO Portugal Program Information Meeting – Monday, April 8, at 3PM in Room 6160
- The Second Step 27th Anniversary Celebrating Success 2019 – Thursday, May 11, 6pm, at the Newton Marriott
- Annual South Stage Auction March 14, 15 and 16 from 7-10:30PM, before during and after the Mamma Mia! performances!
- Courageous Conversations About Race – Wednesday, Mar. 20, 7-8:30PM at NSHS
- Purchase Tix or Donate to GELF Benefit Dinner
- South Stage presents ‘Shattering the Room’ Feb., 7, 8, 9 at 7:30PM in the Lab Theater
- Thank you to all our Faculty Appreciation volunteers!
- Newton Music Ambassadors Scholarship Fund Benefit Concert – Friday, November 30, 7PM
- From the School Nurse for 10th Grade Parents: SBIRT Screening Program – December 10 and February 25
Bring your family and friends and join us in getting the grounds at Newton South ready for spring! On Sunday, April 28, from 9:30AM-12 Noon, rain or shine, we will be cleaning lawns and garden beds, spreading mulch, and planting flowers. Please … Continue reading
Students interested in the 2020 UNESCO International Meeting for Young Scientists in Portugal are invited to an information meeting on Monday, April 8, at 3PM in room 6160. Please click here to download a flyer.
The Second Step 27th Anniversary Celebrating Success 2019 – Thursday, May 11, 6pm, at the Newton Marriott
Celebrating Success is a powerful and inspirational evening, bringing together over 300 individuals and businesses from Greater Boston to support survivors of domestic violence. Please join us on Thursday, May 11, at 6pm at the Newton Marriott Hotel, 2345 Commonwealth … Continue reading
Annual South Stage Auction March 14, 15 and 16 from 7-10:30PM, before during and after the Mamma Mia! performances!
Advance ticket sales and silent auction item preview at southstage.org! We’re selling out fast! A waitlist for tickets to sold out performances will open at 7PM at the box office. There are usually a number of returns, so you have … Continue reading
Interested in understanding more about what sophomore students at NSHS are learning in the peer-led programs “Courageous Conversations about Race”? Faculty leaders, Gerry Gagnon (Science Department Head) and Katani Sumner (METCO Counselor & English Teacher) and student peer leaders will … Continue reading
Please support our students now and enter to win a fantastic brewery tour & beer tasting by purchasing early-bird tickets or making an early-bird donation to the GELF benefit dinner on Saturday, May 4 from 6:30-11:30pm. Purchase tickets or donate here! Early-bird ticket … Continue reading
The first show of South Stage’s winter season, Shattering the Room, goes up in the Lab Theater February 7-9 at 7:30pm. Shattering the Room is an original play devised by the cast and directed by Poornima Kirby. Using The Odyssey for inspiration, the script has … Continue reading
A great big thanks from the PTSO to all of you for generously giving your time to help out and/or donating breakfast food and drinks for Faculty Appreciation events. Without your participation and generous contributions, these events would not have … Continue reading
Please join us for a very special night of jazz music featuring students from both Newton North and Newton South high schools, in support of the Newton Music Ambassadors Scholarship Fund. Light appetizers and a cash bar will be available while you … Continue reading
The City of Newton has a screening program in grades 8 and 10 related to the use of alcohol, marijuana and other substances. The goal of this program is to let students know that we are available to reinforce healthy … Continue reading