Search This Site
Make Your PTSO DonationRequested donation: $60 per family. Please click here to donate by credit card or check. Your membership includes a printed directory and access to the online directory.
Directory Update FormPlease click here to send in new or updated family information for the Newton South Directory.
Sign Up for PTSO Emails
Click here to receive PTSO emails -- one or two per week, with key information from the Principal, PTSO, and NPS.
Newsletter PolicyInterested in posting an ad in our newsletter? Click here for more information.
Translate This Site
Amazon SmileClick here to shop at Amazon, and Amazon will donate to the PTSO.
Follow Us on Twitter
- Donate to Success@South
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Later High School Start Time in the Media
- Newton South PTSO Newsletter Posting Policy
- PTSO Grant Application
- Resources: Adolescent Sleep and Later High School Start Time
- School Council Agendas and Minutes
- School Info
- Success@South FAQ
- Why So Early? Rethinking the High School Start Time: 3rd Community Forum on April 6th
- Your PTSO
Announcements by Type
Archive of Older Posts
Author Archives: PTSO-ac
- Don’t miss the annual NSHS Pops Concert tomorrow! Thursday, May 24, 6-9PM in the Cafeteria
- Tickets on sale now for Julius Caesar
- Newton South Jazz Ensemble to perform in the Essentially Ellington competition – May 10-12, at the Lincoln Center, NYC
- Maxine Celeste Chansky Spring Tertulia – Thursday, April 12, all day in the Seasholes Auditorium. Parents welcome!
- South Stage Class of 2018 Senior Curtain Call Souvenir Booklet
- Join Us to Help Beautify the South Grounds on Sun., April 29 from 12-2PM
- Newton South Annual Used Book Sale – Save the Dates!
- You’re invited! Join the fun at the 10th Anniversary GELF dinner – Saturday, May 5, 6:30-11:30PM at Newton North High School
- Resilience Project 6-Week Workshop – Begins Friday, May 4, 8:45-10AM at Newton Wellesley Hospital
- Team Believe Best Buddies Fundraiser at Salvatore’s Seaport Restaurant – Thursday, April 12, 6-8PM
Newton South’s annual, end-of-year Pops concert, a very fun evening of great food and fabulous music, will take place tomorrow, Thursday, May 24, from 6 to 9PM in the Cafeteria. Cheer on our talented students and find out what … Continue reading
Tickets are on sale now for Julius Caesar, the 35th Annual Joint Newton South/Newton North Shakespeare production, on May 10, 11, 12 at 7:30PM, in the Little Theatre at Newton North. Tickets cost $8 and are on sale here or at … Continue reading
Newton South Jazz Ensemble to perform in the Essentially Ellington competition – May 10-12, at the Lincoln Center, NYC
Newton South’s Jazz Ensemble has been selected to compete next weekend at the Essentially Ellington High School Jazz festival sponsored by Jazz at Lincoln Center. This is the pinnacle of jazz festivals in the United States and only 15 bands … Continue reading
Maxine Celeste Chansky Spring Tertulia – Thursday, April 12, all day in the Seasholes Auditorium. Parents welcome!
Newton South’s Spring Tertulia, an all-day dance, music and performance celebration in memory of former student Maxine Chansky, will take place on Thursday, April 12, in the Seasholes Auditorium. Parents are welcome to watch – there are reserved seats in … Continue reading
Calling all seniors who have ever participated in a South Stage production as a member of the cast, crew or pit orchestra! You are invited to submit your photo and favorite memories or words of wisdom for future South students … Continue reading
Bring your family and friends and join us in getting the grounds at Newton South ready for spring! On Sunday, April 29 from 12-2PM, we will be cleaning lawns and garden beds, spreading mulch, and planting flowers. Please bring gardening … Continue reading
This popular event will be held the week of May 21. We will need many parents (and students!) to help set up and sell during the week and of course we need your book donations! April vacation week is a … Continue reading
You’re invited! Join the fun at the 10th Anniversary GELF dinner – Saturday, May 5, 6:30-11:30PM at Newton North High School
Want to eat well and do good? If you believe in the value of study abroad, come to the Jennifer Price Global Education Leadership Fund (GELF)’s annual benefit dinner at Newton North! You will Enjoy a delectable five-course tasting menu … Continue reading
The Resilience Project at Newton Wellesley Hospital will be running a 6-week workshop for parents of teens focused on fostering resilience. The workshop begins Friday, May 4. All meetings are at Newton Wellesley and go from 8:45-10 AM. The workshop which is skills-based considers: … Continue reading
Making a difference never tasted so good! Join us from 6-8PM on Thursday, April 12, for a delicious dinner or after-work drinks at Salvatore’s upscale Italian restaurant and bar at 225 Northern Avenue in the Seaport District, and your fun … Continue reading