Search This Site
Make Your PTSO DonationRequested donation: $60 per family. Please click here to donate by credit card or check. Your membership includes a printed directory and access to the online directory.
Directory Update FormPlease click here to send in new or updated family information for the Newton South Directory.
Sign Up for PTSO Emails
Click here to receive PTSO emails -- one or two per week, with key information from the Principal, PTSO, and NPS.
Newsletter PolicyInterested in posting an ad in our newsletter? Click here for more information.
Translate This Site
Amazon SmileClick here to shop at Amazon, and Amazon will donate to the PTSO.
Follow Us on Twitter
ELL Access Testing
Snow Date for Junior Parents' Night -- 8:00 am
ELL Access Testing
Winter Fest I Concert -- 7:00 pm
Choi Fest -- 7:00 pm
Annual Teen Summer Program Expo -- 5:30 am (details)
- Donate to Success@South
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Later High School Start Time in the Media
- Newton South PTSO Newsletter Posting Policy
- PTSO Grant Application
- Resources: Adolescent Sleep and Later High School Start Time
- School Council Agendas and Minutes
- School Info
- Success@South FAQ
- Why So Early? Rethinking the High School Start Time: 3rd Community Forum on April 6th
- Your PTSO
Announcements by Type
Archive of Older Posts
Author Archives: PTSO-ac
- Maine Arts Camp Info Meeting/Coffee Morning – Friday, January 19, 8:30-10AM
- Faculty Appreciation Breakfast – Monday, January 22
- Registration for AP exams begins on January 16
- Junior Post-Secondary Planning Night for Parents – Wed., January 17
- Last chance to purchase the yearbook at a discount!
- From the School Nurse: Please keep sick students home
- Women’s Self-Defense Class taught by Newton Police at Temple Emmanuel – December 4, 6 & 11
- Newton South Fall Music Concerts, November 8 & 15 – Please Join Us!
- Tickets on sale for Cyrano de Bergerac – October 26, 27, 28, 7:30pm
- Auditions for Student Short Film – Monday, Oct. 16, J-Block
Are you looking for a great overnight summer camp for your creative 9-16 year-old? Please join us on Friday morning, January 19, at the home of Newton parent Anabel Cable to find out why Maine Arts Camp could be the … Continue reading
The next Faculty Appreciation Breakfast of the school year will be held on Monday, January 22. This is your chance to show appreciation to the staff and teachers of Newton South by dropping off food/drinks or volunteering to set up, … Continue reading
AP Exam Registration will begin on January 16. Please follow the registration instructions below. 1. Students must register with Total Registration. For the link to Total Registration, please click here. Students should print two copies of their registration, keeping one … Continue reading
The Guidance Department will be hosting our annual Junior Post-Secondary Planning Night for parents in the Newton South Field House at 7PM on Wednesday, January 17. Parents will first hear from Principal Stembridge, Guidance Director Dan Rubin, and College & … Continue reading
It’s 2018, which means it’s time to buy a yearbook before it’s too late! The cost will go to our final price of $99 on January 16, so buy your copy in the next two weeks if you want to … Continue reading
With flu season upon us, please keep students home when they are sick. Newton South has many medically fragile students who cannot tolerate getting sick and it is important to keep our entire population healthy. Click here to download the Newton … Continue reading
Newton police officers will teach self-defense techniques for women at a free training course on December 4, 6 and 11 from 6-10pm at Temple Emmanuel, 385 Ward Street, Newton. The course is open to all women aged 15 and over. … Continue reading
We hope you can join us for the following concerts coming up at Newton South: Fall Festival I, on Wednesday, November 8, at 7PM in the Seasholes Auditorium. Featuring the Newton South Orchestra and vocal ensembles. Any parent volunteers for the … Continue reading
South Stage presents Cyrano de Bergerac, the original romantic comedy about the swashbuckling poet with a big nose–er, heart! October 26, 27, 28 at 7:30pm in the Newton South Seasholes Auditorium. $10 general admission. southstage.org
Come be a star in a new Newton South short film directed by a student from The Media Lab. We are looking for students to act in the film. This short film does not require acting experience! There are over 25 … Continue reading