Search This Site
Make Your PTSO Donation
Requested donation: $70 per family. Please click here to donate by credit card or check. Your membership includes a printed directory and access to the online directory.
Directory Update FormPlease click here to send in new or updated family information for the Newton South Directory.
Sign Up for PTSO Emails
Click here to receive PTSO emails -- one or two per week, with key information from the Principal, PTSO, and NPS.
Newsletter PolicyInterested in posting an ad in our newsletter? Click here for more information.
Translate This Site
Amazon SmileClick here to shop at Amazon, and Amazon will donate to the PTSO.
Follow Us on Twitter
- Donate to Success@South
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Later High School Start Time in the Media
- Newton South PTSO Newsletter Posting Policy
- PTSO Grant Application
- Resources: Adolescent Sleep and Later High School Start Time
- School Council Agendas and Minutes
- School Info
- Success@South FAQ
- Why So Early? Rethinking the High School Start Time: 3rd Community Forum on April 6th
- Your PTSO
Announcements by Type
Archive of Older Posts
Author Archives: Helen Haley
- MEFA College Financial Aid Evening at Newton South: Thurs., Sept 27 at 6:30PM
- College Essay Writing and English Tutor Available
- Still Hoping to Reach Our Goal for PTSO Dues!
- Important Information About Back-to-School Night on Wed., Sept. 26 at 7:00PM
- Information on Directory Distribution at Back-to-School Night: Volunteers Still Needed
- Early Release this Thurs., Sept. 27
- Reminder: Spirit Week Starts on Mon., Sept. 24!
- Reminder: Freshman play rehearsals begin Mon., Sep. 24
- South Stage Presents Hustle: Oct. 4-6 at 7:30PM
- Special Schedule for One School, One Question on Fri., Sept. 28
All are welcome to attend Newton South’s annual college financial aid evening with a presenter from MEFA, Massachusetts Educational Financing Authority this Thursday, September 27th from 6:30-8pm in the school’s auditorium. The following topics will be covered: applying for financial … Continue reading
I am an educator and editor with over 20 years of experience and am available for college essay help and English class tutoring. All the Seniors I have worked with have been admitted to one of their top choices. If … Continue reading
Thank you to all our families who have paid their PTSO membership dues so far. Membership dues are the primary source of funding for the PTSO, and we count on that support to fund our contributions to departments and programs, … Continue reading
Back-to-School Night, this Wednesday, September 26, at 7PM, is an important time for parents/guardians to meet their students’ teachers and learn about what happens in the classroom. Vice-Principal Candice Beermann sent an email to families on Friday with details about … Continue reading
Back to School Night on Wednesday, September 26 is the night for distribution of the PTSO Student Directory. Student Directory pick-up will start at 6:15PM by the main entrance, continuing throughout the evening. Paying before September 25th will speed up … Continue reading
Thursday, September 27th will be an early release day for professional development. Buses will depart at 11AM. Click here to view the special schedule.
Our first Spirit Week this year starts on Monday, September 24th, and includes a Pep Rally on Friday the 28th as well as several night games under the lights. Please encourage your student(s) to participate in this celebration of the … Continue reading
The Frosh Play begins rehearsals on Monday, September 24, after school till 5:30PM (students can get the late bus home). This is a no-audition, no-cut production: every student who comes to rehearsal will be cast in one or more speaking … Continue reading
South Stage presents “Hustle” – October 4, 5 and 6 at 7:30PM in the Lab Theatre Join us for the first production of the season! Written and directed by Newton South senior Bobby Lovett, Hustle tells the story of best … Continue reading
On Friday, September 28th, Newton South will hold its One School, One Question event. You can view and download the schedule for One School, One Question here.