Search This Site
Make Your PTSO DonationRequested donation: $60 per family. Please click here to donate by credit card or check. Your membership includes a printed directory and access to the online directory.
Directory Update FormPlease click here to send in new or updated family information for the Newton South Directory.
Sign Up for PTSO Emails
Click here to receive PTSO emails -- one or two per week, with key information from the Principal, PTSO, and NPS.
Newsletter PolicyInterested in posting an ad in our newsletter? Click here for more information.
Translate This Site
Amazon SmileClick here to shop at Amazon, and Amazon will donate to the PTSO.
Follow Us on Twitter
Nothing from Sun, Jul 22 to Wed, Aug 22.
- Donate to Success@South
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Later High School Start Time in the Media
- Newton South PTSO Newsletter Posting Policy
- PTSO Grant Application
- Resources: Adolescent Sleep and Later High School Start Time
- School Council Agendas and Minutes
- School Info
- Success@South FAQ
- Why So Early? Rethinking the High School Start Time: 3rd Community Forum on April 6th
- Your PTSO
Announcements by Type
Archive of Older Posts
Author Archives: Helen Haley
- Thanks to Parent Volunteers at the Make Art/Make Community Event
- Looking for Some Volunteers to Scoop Ice Cream on Thurs., June 14
- Volunteers Needed for Tour de Newton “Magical Mystery Tour”, Sun., June 17
- Thank You SouthFest Volunteers! The Party is Over but We Still Need to Pay for It!
- NSHS School Council Meeting: Tues., June 12 at 4:30PM
- Special Schedule for Final Exam Week and Last Day of School
- A Few Volunteers Needed for End of Year Staff Breakfast on Mon., June 25
- Still Looking for Hosts for Incoming Freshman Information Sessions
- Thanks to our Senior Send-Off Volunteers!
- Attention Zervas Alums: Retirement Party for Ms. Hadley on Wed., June 13
A very big thank you to parents May Chiu, Remi Dansinger, Steven Smith, Christina Brooks and Suzanne Freudberg who helped to scoop ice cream at the Make Art/Make Community Event sponsored by the Fine Arts Department. Many students came out … Continue reading
On Thursday, the Art Department is hosting a Create Art/Create Community Day to bring students together to hang out, make art, and eat ice cream. The PTSO is going to help out with the ice cream part of the event … Continue reading
Sunday June 17 is the 6th annual Tour de Newton that attracts 100’s of bicycle riders – kids and families. This year the entire event is being transformed into something totally new – the Magical Mystery Tour de Newton. Along … Continue reading
Thank you to all of the fantastic volunteers who volunteered at SouthFest! With your help, we were able to provide our seniors with a fun and safe place to go after the prom. We had great decorations, wonderful food (the … Continue reading
The next meeting of the Newton South School Council is this Tuesday, June 12th at 4:30PM in the Faculty Dining Room. Comprised of administration, faculty, parents, and students, the Council advises Principal Stembridge on budget, school improvement plans, and other … Continue reading
Final exams begin on Monday, June 18th. For the schedule of final exams and the last day of school, please click here.
To thank our wonderful staff for the hard work they do all year long, the PTSO sponsors a breakfast on the last day of school. The last day of school for the staff is Monday, June 25th. We are looking for … Continue reading
We are still looking for three more hosts for the information sessions for incoming freshman parents, two general information sessions and one session which will focus more on special education programs at South.We like to hold these sessions in the homes … Continue reading
Thanks to all the parent volunteers who contributed time and delicious desserts to the senior send-off lunch on Monday. The seniors thoroughly enjoyed and appreciated the dozens and dozens of wonderful treats. Thanks also to the parent volunteers who helped … Continue reading
Come celebrate our beloved Anne Hadley’s retirement at the Zervas Family Picnic on Wednesday, June 13th from 6:15-8:00. The Zervas PTO will serve pizza until 7:00 when we will go inside for a brief presentation to Ms. Hadley. Join us … Continue reading