Search This Site
Make Your PTSO DonationRequested donation: $60 per family. Please click here to donate by credit card or check. Your membership includes a printed directory and access to the online directory.
Directory Update FormPlease click here to send in new or updated family information for the Newton South Directory.
Sign Up for PTSO Emails
Click here to receive PTSO emails -- one or two per week, with key information from the Principal, PTSO, and NPS.
Newsletter PolicyInterested in posting an ad in our newsletter? Click here for more information.
Translate This Site
Amazon SmileClick here to shop at Amazon, and Amazon will donate to the PTSO.
Follow Us on Twitter
- Donate to Success@South
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Later High School Start Time in the Media
- Newton South PTSO Newsletter Posting Policy
- PTSO Grant Application
- Resources: Adolescent Sleep and Later High School Start Time
- School Council Agendas and Minutes
- School Info
- Success@South FAQ
- Why So Early? Rethinking the High School Start Time: 3rd Community Forum on April 6th
- Your PTSO
Announcements by Type
Archive of Older Posts
Author Archives: Helen Haley
- Newton for a Better World, Sat., Dec. 2 at NNHS
- Newton South Student Raising Money for Cancer Research
- Early Release: This Wednesday, Nov. 22
- Parent/Teacher Conferences — Tues., Dec. 5 and Thurs., Dec. 14
- Fall Sports Awards Night — Tues., Nov. 14
- Empty Bowls Fundraiser/Concert and Fall Festival II Concert — Wed., Nov. 15
- Thank You to South Parents!
- First Teacher Appreciation Breakfast is Monday and We Need Your Help!
- South Neighbor Seeking Witnesses to Accident
- We Need Your Help! First Teacher’s Appreciation Breakfast is Monday, Nov. 13
Newton for a Better World is an event about Life with Purpose: Taking action and serving others. Please click here to view the flyer: Better World December 2nd, 7:00 pm Newton North HS
Simone Klein is a sophomore at Newton South and a competitive figure skater for the Skating Club of Boston which is partnering with the Scott Hamilton Cares Foundation to raise money for cancer. Funds raised support cancer research, education, and survivorship. If … Continue reading
This Wednesday, November 22 is an early-release day at Newton South. Classes end at 10:45AM, and buses depart at 11AM. Click here for the full schedule and more information.
On Tuesday, December 5th and Thursday, December 14th, Newton South will be holding Parent-Teacher Conferences. These are 10-minute long conversations with your child’s teachers. We do not have enough conference slots for every parent to see every teacher and you are limited … Continue reading
The Fall Sports Awards Night will be held Tuesday, November 14, at 7PM in the Field House. All teams will be recognized. Please join us to celebrate a great athletic season.
We hope you can join us for the following concerts coming up at Newton South: Empty Bowls Fundraiser and Concert, on Wednesday, November 15, at 5PM in the Student Center. Featuring jazz from Newton South’s Improv groups and Combo. $20 … Continue reading
Many thanks to May Chiu who hosted the South Parent Social last week. May warmly welcomed a crowd of parents into her home and treated us to a delightful array of drinks and snacks. May was incredibly gracious and welcoming … Continue reading
The first Teacher Appreciation Breakfast of the school year will be held on Monday, November 13th. This is your chance to show appreciation to the staff and teachers of Newton South by dropping off food/drinks or volunteering to set up, … Continue reading
Last Wednesday, October 25, about 3:20PM, a white delivery van knocked over a woman and her dog, as they were crossing Adeline Road where it intersects with Brandeis Road. The woman recalls that several people, coming from the direction of … Continue reading
We need your help with the first Teacher’s Appreciation Breakfast on Monday, November 13! Please sign up today to either bring in an item for the Teacher Appreciation Breakfast or to volunteer a 1/2 hour of your time that morning … Continue reading