Search This Site
Make Your PTSO DonationRequested donation: $60 per family. Please click here to donate by credit card or check. Your membership includes a printed directory and access to the online directory.
Directory Update FormPlease click here to send in new or updated family information for the Newton South Directory.
Sign Up for PTSO Emails
Click here to receive PTSO emails -- one or two per week, with key information from the Principal, PTSO, and NPS.
Newsletter PolicyInterested in posting an ad in our newsletter? Click here for more information.
Translate This Site
Amazon SmileClick here to shop at Amazon, and Amazon will donate to the PTSO.
Follow Us on Twitter
- Donate to Success@South
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Later High School Start Time in the Media
- Newton South PTSO Newsletter Posting Policy
- PTSO Grant Application
- Resources: Adolescent Sleep and Later High School Start Time
- School Council Agendas and Minutes
- School Info
- Success@South FAQ
- Why So Early? Rethinking the High School Start Time: 3rd Community Forum on April 6th
- Your PTSO
Announcements by Type
Archive of Older Posts
Author Archives: Michele Fegley
- Faculty Appreciation Breakfast – Monday, January 22
- Junior Post-Secondary Planning Night for Parents – Wed., January 17
- Winterfest I Concert: Thurs., January 18
- Registration for AP exams begins on January 16
- Children of the Candy Corn’s “The Annual Chili Cook-Off” show — Fri., December 15
- Families Organizing for Racial Justice Meeting — Wed., December 20
- NSHS Marine Biology Students Fundraising for Water Filters to Help Puerto Rico
- Prague Summer Program Informational Meeting — Thurs., January 11
- South Stage Presents the Freshman Play — Nov. 16-18
- LigerBots Regional Qualifying Tournament — Sat., Nov. 18
The next Faculty Appreciation Breakfast of the school year will be held on Monday, January 22. This is your chance to show appreciation to the staff and teachers of Newton South by dropping off food/drinks or volunteering to set up, … Continue reading
The Guidance Department will be hosting our annual Junior Post-Secondary Planning Night for parents in the Newton South Field House at 7 PM on Wednesday, January 17. Parents will first hear from Principal Stembridge, Guidance Director Dan Rubin, and College … Continue reading
Winterfest I – Thursday, January 18th 7-8pm: Come enjoy the Symphonic Band and Wind Ensemble in the first of two evenings of instrumental entertainment at Newton South.
AP Exam Registration will begin on January 16. Please follow the registration instructions below. 1. Students must register with Total Registration. For the link to Total Registration, please click here. Students should print two copies of their registration, keeping one … Continue reading
Come see Children of the Candy Corn’s first show of the year, “The Annual Chili Cook-Off”! A night of laughs and improv at Newton South High School. Friday, December 15 at 7:30 pm in the Newton South Auditorium. Admission: $5 at … Continue reading
Dear Parents, As part of our effort to create a welcoming and inclusive environment, the Newton Public Schools are focusing on helping teachers, students, and parents talk about racism and how to reduce bias. In order to facilitate this important … Continue reading
In response to the ongoing public health crises in Puerto Rico following the Hurricane Maria disaster, the students in B Block Global Marine Biology at South is fundraising in order to purchase much-needed water filters to be sent and distributed … Continue reading
We are happy to announce the Prague Summer Program. SInce 1990, we have traveled to Central Europe to experience the history and culture of Poland (Krakow), the Czech Republic (Prague) and Germany (Dresden and Berlin) first hand. This is an … Continue reading
South Stage presents THE FROSH AND THE FURIOUS, a night of ten-minute plays featuring our newest actors and techies. Directed by Jesse Garlick and Laura Detwiler. $10 General Admission. November 16, 17 and 18 at 7:30PM in the Newton South … Continue reading
LigerBots Host FLL Regional Qualifying Tournament & Maker Faire, Saturday, Nov. 18 The LigerBots are hosting a FIRST LEGO League competition, the Newton Qualifier, on the theme of Hydro Dynamics at Newton North High School (457 Walnut St.), Saturday, November … Continue reading