Dear NSHS Parents and Guardians,
I am writing to let you know that a heating vent caused a burning odor in the Science wing around noontime today. We called the Newton Fire Department and evacuated the building. Evacuation of the building was quick and orderly. Students were outside for approximately one half hour. The Fire Department thoroughly checked the area, and when the heating vent was disabled, the odor dissipated. The Assistant Chief declared the building safe to return. We were happy that the weather cooperated.