Newton residents were diagnosed with both Lyme Disease and West Nile Virus last year. Take steps to avoid getting sick! Mosquito repellant not only works for mosquitoes, but helps repel ticks as well. Use a repellant with DEET, and follow label instructions for concentrations appropriate for children. Avoid being outdoors during peak mosquito hours, particularly once West Nile Virus has been detected in the mosquito population. Remove containers around your home (tires, kid pools, pots, tarps) that could allow mosquitoes to breed. Check your body for ticks after being outdoors and remove them immediately to avoid disease transmission.
Search This Site
Donate to the PTSO
Support PTSO programs and events. Annual Fundraiser $70 per family. Please click here to donate by credit card or check.
PTSO School Directory
Please click here to provide new or updated family contact information for the Newton South Directory.
Sign Up for Newsletters
Click here to receive PTSO emails -- one or two per week, with key information from the Principal, PTSO, and NPS.
PTSO Newsletter Policy
Shop Amazon Smile
Click here to shop at Amazon. A portion of all your purchases from your smile.amazon account can be designated to support the Newton South High School PTSO. Thank you!
Translate This Site
Follow Us on Twitter
Junior Post-Secondary Planning Night -- 6:30 pm (details)
Junior Parent Night -- 6:30 pm
February ACT Late Registration Deadline
Quarter 2 Grades Due
- Anti-Racism Events
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Freshman Parent Meet & Greet Q&A
- Freshman Parent’s FAQ
- June 6 Senior Celebration Tickets
- Later High School Start Time in the Media
- Newton South PTSO Newsletter Posting Policy
- NSHS Athletics
- Pies for Thanksgiving
- PTSO Community Forums
- PTSO Grant Application
- PTSO Volunteer Needs
- Resources: Adolescent Sleep and Later High School Start Time
- School Council Agendas and Minutes
- School Info
- Sponsor a Plant for the Courtyard at Newton South
- Thank You Notes for Staff
- Why So Early? Rethinking the High School Start Time: 3rd Community Forum on April 6th
- Your PTSO
Announcements by Type
Archive of Older Posts