Dear Senior Parents/Guardians:
Congratulations on having a second-semester senior at Newton South! As prom and graduation get closer, we will do our best to work with the administration to keep you up to date on important deadlines. Please share this information with all your fellow senior parents. Any questions: please email us at email@example.com.
- Wednesday, February 5, 7:45-9:30AM – Senior Parent Coffee in NSHS Faculty Dining Room with Housemaster Josepha Blocker; Guidance Counselors Dave Kershaw, Homer Turner, and Donna Segal; College/Career Counselor Barbara Brown and Class Advisor, Cathy Hammond. Refreshments will be served. Please come late/leave early as suits your schedule.
- Saturday, March 1 – Deadline to order senior tribute ads in the Newton South Yearbook, Regulus. Click here for more information.
- Tuesday, March 4 – Cap and gown ordering begins. All orders are placed with Mrs. Stonehill. Click here for complete instructions on the order process. Click here for order form which must be brought to Mrs. Stonehill during designated times.
- Monday, June 2, 7-11PM – Senior Prom at the Putnam Club at Gillette Stadium, Foxboro, MA. Optional bus transportation from Newton South will depart at 6PM.
- Monday, June 2/Tuesday, June 3 (Midnight – 4AM) – SouthFest. Newton South’s after-prom party for all NSHS seniors and their guests (whether or not they’ve attended prom), will run on June 3 from 12 midnight – 4AM. Once students have left for prom (~6PM), parents are welcome to come to South and see how the SouthFest volunteers have transformed the school into an amazing (secret) themed party destination. Senior parents may not stay to chaperone once students arrive at midnight. As SouthFest solely depends on donations, we would greatly appreciate your donation to make this year a success! Click here to donate.
- Monday, June 9, 5-7PM – Graduation in the Field House at NSHS. Information about tickets, parking, mandatory rehearsal, etc., to follow.