Newton Schools Foundation will honor nine outstanding individuals who have had a profound impact on the Newton Public Schools. The honorees will be recognized at NSF’s Celebration of Excellence, May 3 at 6:30PM at Newton North High School. They are:
- Kenneth Brennan, President and CEO, Village Bank
- David Greenblatt, NSHS ’62 and NSHS Athletic Hall of Fame inductee
- James Heppelmann, president and CEO, PTC
- Chuck Hurwitz, teacher and former NSHS science department chair, wrestling, soccer and Ligerbots coach
- Greg Livingston, Bigelow Middle School music teacher
- Jimmy Marini, NHS ’63, former NNHS principal and NPS superintendent
- Mary Pohlman NNHS ’76 and Scott Pohlman NNHS ‘75, coaches, Newton Bluefish
- Mary Scott, Vice Principal, NSHS
NSF reached out to the Newton community for nominations of NPS alumni, educators and Newton community leaders who’ve made a positive impact on the Newton Public Schools. A panel of Newton residents, educators and business leaders selected the honorees from a host of outstanding nominees.
The May 3 gala will feature the comic genius of Boston comedian Jimmy Tingle, the music of Loose Change, a band of Mason Rice educators and parents, and fine food and refreshments from local restaurants. Newton South Principal, Joel Stembridge will serve as master of ceremonies. Rockland Trust is the title sponsor for the event. Newton Schools Foundation will use proceeds raised from the event in its mission to support the Newton Public Schools. For more information on the Celebration of Excellence, visit www.NewtonSchoolsFoundation.org.