Student-athletes for winter-season sports may register online starting October 7. The new online registration process is explained in this message from the Athletic Director:
“Dear Newton South Athletes and Families:
We are excited to announce that we are now offering the convenience of online registration for our sports programs through partner company, FamilyID. FamilyID is a secure registration platform that provides you with an easy, user-friendly way to register for our programs and helps us to be more administratively efficient and environmentally responsible. When you register through FamilyID, you enter your information once for multiple uses, multiple students and multiple programs.
BEFORE YOU BEGIN YOUR ONLINE REGISTRATION: Complete the online concussion course. The Commonwealth of Massachusetts requires that all athletes, band members, cheerleaders and parents/guardians take an online concussion course each year. As you complete the registration process you will be required to sign-off indicating that you both have completed the online course.
Have the following information handy:
- Doctor Information,
- Health Insurance Information,
- Date of current physical.
BEGIN YOUR ONLINE REGISTRATION using this link to FamilyID:
(The link to Registration is below the photo gallery)
- Create your secure Family ID account by entering your family name, e-mail address and password. You will receive an e-mail with a link to confirm your new account.
- Fill out the information requested on the registration form. You will receive an e-mail from FamilyID confirming your registration. You can log back into FamilyID.com at any time to update your information and to check on the sport for which you are registered.
- Make sure that you click on; Save & Continue, review your entries, then click on ‘Confirm Registration’.
On Line registration will open on Monday, October 7. Please let us know if you need assistance accessing a computer terminal for registration.”