The Newton School Committee will receive the proposed budget on March 13th and begin its review and discussion on March 16. We will be holding office hours on March 16th following our School Committee meeting which begins at 4:30 pm; office hours will start at approximately 6:15 or 6:30 and end at approximately 7:15.
The School Committee is eager to try this new format in order to provide you with another opportunity to provide feedback in addition to the other times for public comments. We welcome questions and input and stress that this will mainly be a listening format. We are not trying to solve problems or make promises but are there to listen to concerns, questions and suggestions.
The format will be:
- School Committee members, in teams of at least two, will be available in room 210 at the Ed Center, 100 Walnut Street. The meeting will be an Open Meeting and may be televised by NewTV.
- This is a casual format. They will sit with individuals or groups and listen to concerns/questions about the budget.
- In order to facilitate as many individuals as possible, they’d like to meet with each person/group for approximately 10 minutes.
- The budget documents will be available in advance.
- If you have questions, or would like to sign up in advance, please contact School Committee members at firstname.lastname@example.org