Please join us for Newton South Sports Night for Incoming Freshmen & Parents on Monday May 11, 2015 at 6:30PM in the Newton South Field House.
The evening will focus on all of your athletic options at Newton South. You will have a chance to meet representatives from all athletic teams. Below are the important dates for the fall season and information on registration.
- August 24, 2015 – Pre Season for Football only begins – All Levels
- August 27, 2015 – Pre Season for all other fall sports begins for all students.
Please note the first day of school is Tuesday, September 8!
Online registration for fall sports will open on June 1 and close on August 21.
A list of all of our athletic offerings as well as the link to register can also be found on the Newton South High School Athletics web page.
Any student playing a fall sport must have had a physical on or after August 24, 2014.
All Freshmen trying out for ANY sport will need to undergo a new ImPACT concussion test. Dates for testing are TBD and must be completed before tryouts or on the first day of Pre-Season. We will discuss this more at the info meeting.
- Winter Season tryouts begin Monday November 30, 2015
- Spring Season tryouts begin Monday March 21, 2016
User fees per sport per season:
- All except hockey & football = $300 with a cap of $900
- Hockey and Football = $400 per season
- Super-cap = $1200 per family (high school & middle school athletics & bus fees only)
If you have any questions, please call the Athletic office at 617-559-6599. We also send out updates and important info via Twitter. Follow us at @NSHS_Athletics.
ATHLETIC PROGRAM PHILOSOPHY: To provide each participant with sound physical, mental, moral, emotional, and social benefits that will last a lifetime.