Parent/Teacher Conferences will be held on Tuesday, December 8th from 1:00 – 4:00pm and and Tuesday, December 15th from 4:30 – 7:30 pm. Newton South High School uses an online parent conference registration system called Virtual Paragon. The system will accept reservations starting on Monday, November 30th at 6:00pm until Saturday, December 5th at 6:00pm. Please be aware that slots fill quickly and some teachers will be fully booked early in the process.
Create a Virtual Paragon account before November 30th:
- Go to the Parent/Teacher Conference reservation system website through Virtual Paragon: http://www.virtualparagon.com/nshs/conference/
- The school’s master password was sent previously via email.
- Create your account (we do not save accounts from last year) by clicking on CREATE A NEW USER NAME and following the directions to choose a user name and password.
- Please include your child(ren)’s full name when you create your account. If you have more than one student at Newton South, please list each of your students’ names (first and last), so that the system allows you to book three conferences per student.
- Be sure to save your username and password to change or add reservations.
Parent Conference Rules
Parents may reserve a maximum of THREE conferences per student from Monday 11/30 to Thursday 12/3. This three teacher limit is in place during the initial sign up period so that all parents have the opportunity to see teachers. Any conferences beyond the third will be deleted and a new scheduled emailed to you.
From Thursday 12/3 at 6pm until Saturday 12/5 at 6pm, you may reserve a maximum of three additional conferences per child.
Please allow at least 10 minutes between conferences in order to get from one classroom to another. You may only reserve one 10 minute time slot per teacher. Extra conferences that do not abide by the above rules will be deleted.
In order to sign up for conferences, have the following information ready:
- a list of the teachers that you would like to see;
- the times you would like to have your conferences; and
- your Virtual Paragon username and password
Starting at 6:00pm on Monday, November 30th:
- Log into the system. Type in your user name and password. This brings you to the main menu.
- Select MAKE A RESERVATION
- Select the teachers you want by clicking in the box by each teacher’s name.
- The schedules of the teachers you have selected will be displayed next to each other. You can scroll side to side to see different teachers and scroll up and down to see their different time slots.
- Reserve the slots that you need by clicking in the available time slots (remember to allow 10 minutes of travel time between appointments).
- Press SAVE to reserve the slots you have selected so far or press DONE when you have finished making all of your reservations. IMPORTANT: Your selected conference spots are not really yours until you press the SAVE or DONE button.
- Check the list of your reservations. If you are satisfied, print your reservations and log out, or go back and make changes.
- To make changes to your reservations, return to the main menu and click EDIT/DELETE SOME OR ALL OF MY RESERVATIONS
If you do not have access to a computer, you may call the Records Secretary, Jackie Casto, at 617-559-6500 during the sign up period. If you encounter problems or have any questions, send an email to NSHS_support@newton.k12.ma.us.
If you need translation services, please contact your child’s guidance counselor.