Search This Site
Donate to the PTSO
Support PTSO programs and events. Annual Fundraiser $70 per family. Please click here to donate by credit card or check.
PTSO School Directory
Please click here to provide new or updated family contact information for the Newton South Directory.
Sign Up for Newsletters
Click here to receive PTSO emails -- one or two per week, with key information from the Principal, PTSO, and NPS.
PTSO Newsletter Policy
Shop Amazon Smile
Click here to shop at Amazon. A portion of all your purchases from your smile.amazon account can be designated to support the Newton South High School PTSO. Thank you!
Translate This Site
Follow Us on Twitter
Nothing from Mon, Aug 02 to Thu, Sep 02.
- Anti-Racism Events
- Frequently Asked Questions
- June 6 Senior Celebration Tickets
- Later High School Start Time in the Media
- Newton South PTSO Newsletter Posting Policy
- NSHS Athletics
- PTSO Community Forums
- PTSO Grant Application
- PTSO Volunteer Needs
- Resources: Adolescent Sleep and Later High School Start Time
- School Council Agendas and Minutes
- School Info
- Why So Early? Rethinking the High School Start Time: 3rd Community Forum on April 6th
- Your PTSO
Announcements by Type
Archive of Older Posts
Author Archives: Cindy Lam-Yee
- 2021 Graduation Livestream Link
- Mon. May 17 – Submit Nominations for 2021 Newton SEPAC Special Educator Virtual Awards!
- Newton South Vice Principal Announcement
- 2nd Request to complete your 2021 Graduation Survey in Naviance
- May 20 Newton Community Forum Sign-Up
- DEADLINE! May 21 – Lion’s Roar Graduation Ads for 2021 Seniors
- May 22 Volunteers Needed for School Courtyard Beautification
- NPS Announcement – Required COVID Testing for HS Extracurriculars
- Full Return to School 4/26
- COVID Pool Testing Reminder/Update
Congratulations to the Class of 2021! Here is the livestream link for graduation: https://vimeo.com/560983303 The link will also be on the NewTV website.
Nominations are still open for the 2021 Newton SEPAC Special Educator Virtual Awards! Please go to https://forms.gle/M9uHkvhHx1NvvnJ2A to submit your nominations by May 17, 2021. Here’s how the 2021 “Virtual” Awards will work: Families will submit nominations using the Google … Continue reading
Please see Friday, May 14th announcement from incoming Newton South Principal Tamara Stras. Dear NSHS Students and Families, Over the past few weeks, it has been a pleasure to work with various stakeholders in the South community on the Vice-Principal search process. … Continue reading
Hi Seniors!! Thank you to more than 200 of you who completed the 2021 Graduation Survey in Naviance last week! For those who have yet to do so, please know that it a required task toward graduation. In fact, you … Continue reading
The City of Newton is trying to learn as much as we can about Newton community members’ experiences of and visions for their village centers to inform zoning proposals! Engagement will include a Vision Kit to explore your village center(s), … Continue reading
Congratulate your graduate in South’s only print newspaper, the Lion’s Roar! Our special section devoted to the Class of 2021 will be distributed to seniors and their families at graduation on June 10. We would like to include your tribute … Continue reading
The school’s courtyard is due for a clean-up! Please join us on Saturday, May 22 from 1PM on to remove weeds and put down landscape fabric in the courtyard off the cafeteria. The courtyard is a great spot for our … Continue reading
Dear NPS High School Families, As you know, we have made every effort over the past several weeks to encourage voluntary participation in our COVID testing program. Unfortunately, our participation rates are not meeting expectations nor are they at the … Continue reading
More details will be forthcoming from the deans later in the vacation week regarding the full return to school and updated protocols.
As Newton South prepares for a full in-person return to school after April vacation, we STRONGLY ENCOURAGE families to Testing is one of the best ways we have to quickly identify infection and reduce the possibility of in-school transmission. Note: … Continue reading