Search This Site
Donate to the PTSO
Support PTSO programs and events. Annual Fundraiser $70 per family. Please click here to donate by credit card or check.
PTSO School Directory
Please click here to provide new or updated family contact information for the Newton South Directory.
Sign Up for Newsletters
Click here to receive PTSO emails -- one or two per week, with key information from the Principal, PTSO, and NPS.
PTSO Newsletter Policy
Shop Amazon Smile
Click here to shop at Amazon. A portion of all your purchases from your smile.amazon account can be designated to support the Newton South High School PTSO. Thank you!
Translate This Site
Follow Us on Twitter
Newton South Principal and Vice Principal Meet and Greet 6-7PM
October ACT Late Registration Deadline
October SAT Testing -- 8:00 am (location)
NEACAC College Fair -- 11:00 am (location)
- Anti-Racism Events
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Freshman Parent Meet & Greet Q&A
- Freshman Parent’s FAQ
- June 6 Senior Celebration Tickets
- Later High School Start Time in the Media
- Newton South PTSO Newsletter Posting Policy
- NSHS Athletics
- PTSO Community Forums
- PTSO Grant Application
- PTSO Volunteer Needs
- Resources: Adolescent Sleep and Later High School Start Time
- School Council Agendas and Minutes
- School Info
- Why So Early? Rethinking the High School Start Time: 3rd Community Forum on April 6th
- Your PTSO
Announcements by Type
Archive of Older Posts
Author Archives: Helen Haley
- From the Nurse: Pick Up Medications by Tues., June 18
- Special Schedule Tomorrow, Mon., June 10 for MCAS Physics Field Test
- Special Schedule for Final Exam Week and Last Day of School
- Please Clean out Lockers in the Boys’ and Girls’ Locker Rooms by Mon., June 10
- Spring Sports Awards Night Rescheduled to Tues., June 11 at 7PM
- NSHS School Council Meeting: Tues., June 11 at 4:30PM
- A Few Volunteers Needed for End of Year Staff Breakfast on Wed., June 19
- Looking for NSHS Representative to Food Service Advisory Committee
- Thank You SouthFest Volunteers!
- Thank You to Ice Cream Party and Senior Lunch Parent Volunteers!
Please pick up all medications from the school nurse by the end of the day on Tuesday, June 18th. Medications which are not picked up will be discarded. For more information on that as well as other summer reminders, please … Continue reading
There will be a special schedule tomorrow, Mon., June 10th for the MCAS Physics Field Test. Freshmen should arrive at the normal 7:40 AM start time and buses will run at the regular time to take them to school. Sophomores … Continue reading
Final exams begin on Tuesday, June 11th. The last day of school for students will be on Tuesday, June 18th. For the schedule of final exams and the last day of school, please click here.
All student lockers in the Boys’ and Girls’ locker rooms must be emptied by the end of the school day on Monday June 10, 2019. Items left in lockers after this date will be removed. Students issued school locks from … Continue reading
Congratulations to the Boys Volleyball Team which will play against North in the South Sectional Finals at Quincy High School on Monday at 6PM. Due to the game schedule, the Spring Sports Awards night has been rescheduled to Tuesday June … Continue reading
The last meeting of the Newton South School Council for this year is on Tuesday, June 11th at 4:30PM in the Faculty Dining Room. Comprised of administration, faculty, parents, and students, the Council advises Principal Stembridge on budget, school improvement … Continue reading
To thank our wonderful staff for the hard work they do all year long, the PTSO sponsors a breakfast on the last day of school for the faculty/staff. The last day of school for the staff is Wednesday June 19th. … Continue reading
NPS and the School Committee are partnering with school PTOs to form a Food Service Advisory Committee (FSAC) to create a dialogue between families and our food service provider, Whitson’s. The committee will include representatives from each school as well … Continue reading
Thank you to all of you fantastic parents who showed up to decorate, chaperone, serve food, check the kids in and out, work at the casino tables, and clean up SouthFest. The clean up this year was done in record … Continue reading
Many thanks to all the parents who helped with the End of Year Ice Cream Party and the Senior Lunch! The End of Year Ice Cream Party took place on Make Art Day when the kids had a chance to … Continue reading