As we do our part to keep our community safe from exposure to COVID-19, please review our new Health and Safety Protocols for the 2020-21 school year.
PTSO Health and Safety Protocols – effective 9/22/20
- All events will be held outdoors on school grounds, not to exceed 50 people or current State & City guidelines at that time.
- Every participant and volunteer must wear a mask when they are on school property.
- Social distancing protocol will be all individuals will be wearing masks and stay a minimum of 3ft to 6ft apart at all times between family cohorts.
- All events will have sign-ups for students and for volunteers to support contact tracing if needed.
- All events will have sign-ups to ensure we manage the maximum size of groups in the designated area to not exceed 50 people and/or State and City gathering protocols at that time. Events will minimize exposure by having family cohorts and physical distancing of 6ft between cohorts. Any student activity will require up 3-6ft distancing between students, and limit students to one group during the event.
- All events will ensure we manage the maximum size of groups in the designated area to not exceed 50 people and/or State and City gathering protocols at that time.
- All events will have a volunteer to ensure social distancing protocols in waiting areas or lines.
- All student events will have a parent/guardian (adult) supervision.
- Any event that requires equipment will specify that volunteers bring and dispose of their own supplies.
- Event co-chairs will remind all participants and volunteers of social distancing and hand hygiene protocols at the start of the event.
- Any volunteer or participant who is not feeling well needs to stay home. Any volunteer or participant who is in quarantine must not participate until the 14-day quarantine is complete and show no symptoms.
- Any volunteer who participated in an event and subsequently tests positive for COVID-19 must notify the event organizer and the co-Presidents immediately. The co-presidents will notify South Administration as soon as they are notified of a positive case, and share list of participants.
How Parents/Student Can Help Keep Our Community Safe:
As COVID-19 continues to be present in our community, we all need to do our part to minimize the spread of COVID-19. By staying vigilant, parents/guardians and students can practice and self-enforce social distance protocols.
- If you or your child(ren) haven’t worn a mask for 2-3 hours a day, start practicing now at home – in and out of the house so you and your child(ren) are ready to be at in-person events. Wear it watching TV, playing video game, or hanging outside.
- Reinforce frequently hand washing, not touch surfaces unnecessarily, staying 6ft from people outside of your home environment.
- Respect the virus, respect our community, respect your family and stay safe
Please keep yourself and your child(ren) at home if you are not feeling well. There’s no guarantee we can have zero cases of COVID-19 as we begin in-person events, so we must continue to be vigilant with social distancing protocols. NPS, City and South have established health and safety protocols in the event someone at South tests positive. Thank you.