Search This Site
Donate to the PTSO
Support PTSO programs and events. Annual Fundraiser $70 per family. Please click here to donate by credit card or check.
PTSO School Directory
Please click here to provide new or updated family contact information for the Newton South Directory.
Sign Up for Newsletters
Click here to receive PTSO emails -- one or two per week, with key information from the Principal, PTSO, and NPS.
PTSO Newsletter Policy
Shop Amazon Smile
Click here to shop at Amazon. A portion of all your purchases from your smile.amazon account can be designated to support the Newton South High School PTSO. Thank you!
Translate This Site
Follow Us on Twitter
Newton South Principal and Vice Principal Meet and Greet 6-7PM
October ACT Late Registration Deadline
October SAT Testing -- 8:00 am (location)
NEACAC College Fair -- 11:00 am (location)
- Anti-Racism Events
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Freshman Parent Meet & Greet Q&A
- Freshman Parent’s FAQ
- June 6 Senior Celebration Tickets
- Later High School Start Time in the Media
- Newton South PTSO Newsletter Posting Policy
- NSHS Athletics
- PTSO Community Forums
- PTSO Grant Application
- PTSO Volunteer Needs
- Resources: Adolescent Sleep and Later High School Start Time
- School Council Agendas and Minutes
- School Info
- Why So Early? Rethinking the High School Start Time: 3rd Community Forum on April 6th
- Your PTSO
Announcements by Type
Archive of Older Posts
Author Archives: Abigail Siegal
- Reminder: Special Schedules on Thursday, June 9 and Friday, June 10
- Yearbooks Available for Pick-Up Starting Monday, June 6
- Host Family Opportunities for the 2016-2017 School Year
- Please Submit Your PTSO Reimbursements By June 15
- Volunteer Opportunity: Random Acts of Kindness Wednesday, June 15
- School Council Election Results
- Thanks to All Who Volunteered for Senior Send-off
- Last Call For Book Donations! Your Help Is Needed!
- Special Schedules For Tuesday and Wednesday MCAS Testing
- Senior and Junior Parent Coffees This Week – Sophomore Parent Coffee Next Week
NSHS Graduation will be held on Thursday, June 9 – click here more information about the special schedule. Friday, June 10 is 8th grade Step-Up Day – please click here for more information regarding Friday’s special schedule.
Anyone who purchased a yearbook may pick it up during any lunch on Monday, June 6. People may also purchase books during all three lunches from June 6 to June 16 on a first-come, first-served basis. If did not pre-purchase a yearbook, you may buy … Continue reading
As part of the school district’s efforts to expand its global education program, Newton South High School has invited several international students to join us for the 2016-2017 school year. Through this program, NSHS has and will continue to receive … Continue reading
The Newton South PTSO is in the process of ending its fiscal year, so if you have expenses from the 2016-2017 school year, please submit them to treasurer Christine Murphy for reimbursement by June 15. The form is available here. Thank you … Continue reading
The PTSO Random Acts of Kindness Committee periodically gives out treats during the school day as a surprise stress-reliever for our students. Our next random act of kindness is Wednesday, June 15 from 11AM to 1PM. We will be handing out Icee pops … Continue reading
Thank you to everyone who voted in the recent School Council election. A special thank you to everyone who stepped forward to run. Here is the list of your new School Council representatives: Martha Hausman Clare Landrigan Michelle Luo Risa … Continue reading
We want to thank everyone who donated desserts and/or volunteered their time to help with Senior Send-Off on June 3. The seniors thoroughly enjoyed this event, and were certainly well fed! Again, thank you.
The annual Newton South Used Book Sale needs YOUR gently-used books. We’re running way behind last year’s donations and need your help to make this great event a success. Proceeds support literacy programs at South. The book sale is also … Continue reading
Math MCAS tests for sophomores are scheduled at Newton South for Tuesday, May 17 and Wednesday, May 18. Freshmen, Juniors and Seniors will have a later start time both days. Read here for important information about the special schedules.
Please join us in May for the remaining PTSO parent coffees/information sessions: Senior Parents: Wednesday, May 18, 7:30 – 9PM at the home of Sageet and Dan Braha, 56 Broken Tree Road, Newton. Junior Parents: Thursday, May 19, 7:30-9PM at the home … Continue reading