Hello South Students and Families,
Please take note of the following items of interest:
1. GPA Findings and Summary Decisions from the South/North GPA Committee For any questions about GPA and the decisions made by both South and North, please contact Director of Guidance, Dan Rubin: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Wednesdays 1/20 and 1/27 are ninth grade orientation days. Our Student Life Coordinator, Tori Parker, sent out information regarding that event for ninth grade families. Classes for all grades will be asynchronous for the whole day on both 1/20 and 1/27. If you are a ninth grade family and didn’t receive information about the orientation days, please contact Mx. Parker at: email@example.com
3. End of term 2 for grade 12 is Friday, 1/22. A reminder that we decided to end term 2 a bit earlier than the other grades in order to ensure that term 2 grades can get processed and sent out to colleges in a timely manner. Report cards for grade 12 will be posted by the end of the day on Friday, 1/29.
4. End of term 2 for grades 9, 10 and 11 will be Tuesday, 1/26. Report cards for grades 9, 10, and 11 will be posted by the end of the day on Friday, 2/5.
5. Term 3 schedules will be posted and shared with students on Aspen, hopefully by the end of next week. We will let you know when they are available as students in the hybrid program, in particular, need to be aware that typical room assignments have changed due to room spacing and social distancing. Stay tuned for MUCH more information over the next couple of weeks from the South deans regarding the transition to the hybrid model on 1/28.
6. Approximately 270 juniors will be taking the PSAT on Tuesday, 1/26 and many of our teachers will be proctoring the exam. Therefore, know that all classes for all grades will be asynchronous that day EXCEPT for community block. We are asking students to log into community block at the regular time (2:35pm to 3:05pm) and then, if meeting with a club or getting extra help from a teacher, report to flex block. More information to follow.
Have a great long weekend!
NSHS Interim Vice Principal