Thank you to all the parents who helped generate ideas and researching outdoor venues this past week. Class officers and advisors have agreed that have an outdoor venue at Newton South provides the most flexibility and gathering capacity. The date is expected to be Sunday, June 6. Prom will be a traditional formal event, followed by the after-party SouthFest.
As we move forward with planning to support the 2021 Prom and SouthFest, the PTSO is looking for parent volunteers to coordinate the events. It’s going to take a village to help celebrate the Class of 2021. Get involved and help our Seniors make some amazing memories. Parents from all grades are welcome to help celebrate our Seniors. Kick-off planning meeting will be Monday, March 22, 2021, time TBD.
Please contact May at info@newtonsouthPTSO.org by March 19th if you are interested in co-chairing any of these SouthFest committees:
- 21-Day Countdown event on May 20 (ribbon cutting ceremony with DD truck or food truck for lunch for Seniors at South)
- Tent Decoration (traditional formal Prom theme)
- Registration and check-in process for Prom and SouthFest (Eventbrite)
- Volunteers for day of event (create signups for activities, chaperones, etc)
We have committee chairs for the following areas. There will be many opportunities to support these committees in the coming weeks.
- SouthFest Food – snacks, desserts
- Rental Tents, lights, tables/chairs
- SouthFest Entertainment activities (options may include mini golf, laser tag, carnival games, corn hole, spike ball)
Lastly, we need co-chairs to manage Graduation Yard Signs. Tthe PTSO will be providing a yard sign for every senior family in June. We need a parent coordinator to manage this effort that involves the distribution of signs, and organizing displaying the signs down on Commonwealth Avenue starting at Lowell Ave – vendor identified.