Dear Music Families and Friends:
Please save the date of Wednesday May 26 , 2021 (rain date Thursday May 27) for an outdoor Pops Concert, “Under White Tent”, starting at 5:30pm. After a year of reinvention and resilience, the Pops concert will be a time to reflect and celebrate. We hope that you can join us!
Given that COVID related restrictions still apply, some parts of the event will look differently than in the past, but the music will still be wonderful. For easy reference, I will highlight the main points below.
Concert Date, Time & Locations: Wednesday, May 26th at 5:30pm. Under the white tent (outside of Goodwin House).
- Due to covid restrictions, limited sightlines and sound system limitations, we ask that priority seating be given to the performers’ family and friends. For example, at 5:30pm, orchestra fans should sit up front and then give their spots to the chorus fans at 6pm. We welcome you to stay for as much of the concert as the audience size restrictions allow.
- No Food will be provided by the school. If you choose to bring a picnic, the guidance asks that you stay seated, 6′ away from other guests.
- Much like any other outdoor concert, we ask that you bring your own blanket or lawn chair for seating.
- Donations help us to provide access to festivals and other enrichment events. Donations are not required to attend the concert, however, if you are in a position to support our programming, donation instructions are here.
- Concert Order and timing estimates:
- 5:30pm – Orchestra
- 6:00pm – Choruses
- 6:30pm – Symphonic Band
- 7:00pm – Awards
- 7:15pm – Lab Jazz
- 7:30pm Jazz Improv (1-4)
- 8:00pm – Jazz Combo
- 8:20pm – Jazz Ensemble
We look forward to you joining us!