In light of the updated guidelines from the state, there will now only be ONE graduation ceremony for all seniors on Thursday, June 10th at 5pm. (The Rain Date is Friday, June 11th @5:00pm)
In order to be able to fit 500 graduates, their guests, and faculty and staff on the Winkler Stadium field and in the bleachers, we are maintaining our 4 guest maximum for each graduate.
Info for Graduates
- You should arrive at Newton South at 4:00 pm wearing your Cap and Gown. Since we are graduating on the field, please consider your footwear on the turf field (no pointy heels allowed). Also, graduates who wish to decorate their cap and gown, please be sure to look at the FAQ and fill out the cap decoration form.
- When you get here, our faculty will be helping you line up, by house, in alphabetical order. When you arrive at 4 pm, you should meet your dean, and the rest of your house, at the following locations for line-up:
- Goldrick House – 1st floor Goldrick
- Goodwin House – 2nd floor Goldrick
- Cutler House – 1st floor 3000s,
- Wheeler House – 1st floor breezeway near the planter/cafeteria
- Since we are lining up inside, masks will be required for that portion. Once we are outside, you will no longer need a mask.
- Please see this 5/28 Senior Update for other important deadlines (grades, yearbook, NPS files, MySchoolBucks balance)
Infor for Guests
- Please be aware that Brandeis Road will become one-way, towards Greenwood, at 3 pm, and will remain so until the end of the ceremony, when it will become one-way towards Parker Street. Your family and guests can park anywhere on the Newton South lot with the exception of the area near the rotary by Goldrick House. (That area will be roped off for graduates to assemble.) Please let your family and guests know that. We also respectfully ask that you limit yourself and your guests to one car due to the size of our parking lots. Please also be respectful of neighborhood parking rules.
- Winkler Stadium (our football field) will be open to guests starting at 4 pm and will close for the period between 4:55 pm and 5:15 pm to allow for the procession of the graduates. Please plan accordingly.