Newton South Seniors:
I hope you are having a great summer, and congratulations on entering your senior year of high school!
We are writing to let you know that the Semester One Senior Parking Lottery is officially open. If you would like to park on campus for first semester, beginning Tuesday, September 6, 2022, you must enter the lottery. Please note the following:
- You must use your NPS student email to submit the lottery form (LASID@newton.k12.ma.us).
- The deadline to enter is Tuesday, August 16 at 11:59 PM.
- Your lottery submission may not be accepted if the information you submit is incorrect or incomplete.
- Seniors who are either granted a spot or waitlisted will be notified via their NPS email by 5 PM on Friday, August 19.
- Seniors who receive a parking space must pay for and pick up their parking tag and sticker(s) by Friday, August 26.
- If a student misses this deadline, the spot will be awarded to the next student on the waitlist.
If you are selected to receive a parking spot at Newton South, please note that you will need to come to school in person and pay the $175 parking fee. This must be in the form of a check or money order made payable to City of Newton. No other payment method is accepted. This fee mirrors the bus transportation fee. More details will be sent to students who get a spot at the notification deadline above.
Note that first semester parking tags are valid from Tuesday, September 6, 2022 to Friday, January 13, 2023. A second semester lottery will take place near the end of first semester.
Please let us know if you have any questions.
Jason Williams (he/him/his)
Newton South High School
140 Brandeis Road
Newton, MA 02459