Congratulations to the Class of 2020!
Mayor Fuller and Superintendent Fleishman have invited the senior class and families to parade down Brandeis Road (from Parker, by the school, exiting onto Greenwood) through a celebration lane of NSHS Faculty and Staff, on Sunday, June 7, starting at noon, with the following schedule:
- Last names A – I 12:00 noon – 12:30 pm
- Last names J – R 12:30 pm – 1:00 pm
- Last names S – Z 1:00pm – 1:30 pm
Newton South Behavioral and Health Guidelines for Mayor’s Celebration Lane. We look forward to seeing graduates and their loved ones at the Mayor’s parade on June 7th. Below are some necessary behavioral expectations which will help create a safe and celebratory environment for all in attendance. The Newton Police Department will be providing coordination and security during the event.
- Seniors should be passengers rather than drivers unless there is prior approval
from their dean.
- All participants, including cyclists, vehicle drivers, vehicle passengers, and pedestrians, must follow police directives;
- Remain socially distanced from one another (at least 6 feet apart);
- Not approach faculty/staff; and
- Wear masks.
- Those parading in cars should stay in their vehicles.
- Drivers will:
– Not stop along the route, or leave the route, unless specifically directed by police or in the event of a medical emergency; and
– Adhere to all motor vehicle laws of the Commonwealth.
- No objects should be thrown from or passed between vehicles.
- Any banners, posters or displays should be aligned with NSHS Core Values
(Choose Kindness, Listen First, Show Respect, Take Responsibility) and follow
the rules outlined in the Newton Rights and Responsibilities handbook.
- Given the current health restrictions, individuals with any of the following health
symptoms or restrictions may not participate in the parade:
– Signs of a fever or a measured temperature of 100 degrees or greater;
– People who have been instructed to self-isolate or quarantine by their
doctor or a local public health official.
– People who have been in recent contact with people who have been
diagnosed with COVID-19 individuals.